The Children’s School is here to be a home—a nest for children to learn and grow in. They are encouraged and empowered to interact with the world around them, learning to be good stewards of Earth and good citizens in their community.
Children aren’t raised in a bubble; however, and our mission relies on parents’ continued interest and support in helping feed and nurture a child outside of the nest the Children’s School provides. These articles and resources are here to inspire and educate, to encourage a culture of respect and social justice throughout our community. Carefully curated by our teachers and faculty, we hope you find them valuable.
- Progressive Education: Why It’s Hard to Beat, But Also Hard to Find
- Why Preschool Shouldn’t Be Like School
- Playing to Learn
- Can the Right Kinds of Play Teach Self-Control?
- The Case for Play: How a handful of researchers are trying to save childhood
- Want to get your kids into college? Let them play
- Scaffolding Anti-Bias Curriculum
- Rethinking Learning Environments: The Benefits of Multiage Learning